Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Automatic in Florida Oldscool Campers future!

Florida Oldscool Campers bus #5.
Meet Joy, she is our newest project.  We have been looking for an automatic for sometime, but they are hard to find.  I found this girl in Dade City.  Chaz bought it from his brother who had lost interest.  When I found her on Craigslist Mike really did not want to go look.  He is more conservative than I am and always tries to keep me in check.  Plus, we had traveled 100's of miles to look at buses that were not a match.  When he pulled up to see the bus, before he even looked inside he was calling me with good news.  We have found our new project!  We called back that evening with a fair offer and the deal was complete.  Chaz had a busy schedule and wanted to wait until the weekend to pick up the bus.  The first night I woke up in horror, dreaming he sold the bus to someone other than me...  I could not wait.  I have had to turn down so many nice people  because we do not have an automatic!  Mike called and talked Chaz into to meeting with us that night.  When we picked up the bus, Chaz said he wanted it to go to someone he knew would restore the  bus, and even thought he had received many phone calls he wanted us to have her.  Once we complete the bus, Chaz is more than welcome to take her on a camping trip!

Once upon a time someone really loved this bus.  I always wonder who bought her new and wished these buses came complete with history of who owned them.  I would love to know what journeys she has been on, and where she has lived.  She is in good shape and I know she will be a big hit!

The first time I ever laid eyes on her, I could not quit singing "I got the Joy Joy Joy Joy down in my heart!"  Mike and I agreed that Joy is the perfect name for Jasmine's older sister.  Jasmine is a 1978 Sage Green bus.  Jasmine is our first bus, and the most requested.  Joy will bring love and happiness to everyone who rents her, drives her and just comes across her on one of her road trips. 

Watch Joy as she is transformed into a restored beauty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment